Christmas Mice – Lighting

The kitchen set is now more or less finished, so I’ve started experimenting with different lighting.

img_4696

There are one or two little details still to add, but I’m really happy with how this set has turned out. I tried a few test shots for some of the scenes, using my phone and a string of LEDs as the main light sources. The images are not too bad, but I’m going to do a bit of research into different lighting setups to try and get rid of some of the harsher shadows and make everything look a bit more realistic.

img_4805img_4806img_4807

I did also get slightly sidetracked with the polymer clay, and made a start on the snowman for one of the outdoor scenes. I moulded the clay around balls of tinfoil, which really helped to create the snow texture, then used a toothbrush to add more detail. It seemed so wrong to put a snowman in the oven, but it came out looking pretty great!

img_4693img_4691